SLIS Jobline Your Source for Professional, Pre-Professional, and Internship Positions

Dean of the School of Communication and Information, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ

Rutgers University-New Brunswick invites applications and nominations for the position of dean of the School of Communication and Information (SC&I). As SC&I’s chief academic and administrative officer, the dean provides leadership and vision for the school, implementing and advancing its mission, overseeing its operations, managing its resources, and furthering its external relations and fundraising. SC&I is one of 18 schools and colleges at Rutgers University-New Brunswick.

Founded in 1982, SC&I today houses one of the nation’s leading interdisciplinary faculties recognized for excellence and innovation in basic and applied research in the areas of contemporary communication, information, and media related problems. The school has 59 full-time faculty members and 33 full-time staff. It enrolls over 2,250 students across eight academic programs, and grants baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degrees across three departments: Communication, Journalism and Media Studies, and Library and Information Science. SC&I also includes seven research centers and institutes and offers non-degree graduate study in several areas. The dean of SC&I will report to the chancellor of Rutgers University-New Brunswick, and is expected to be a key member of the university’s leadership team.

Full details of the position are available at: http://uwide.rutgers.edu/about/dean-school-communication-and-information