SLIS Jobline Your Source for Professional, Pre-Professional, and Internship Positions

Part-time Temporary Archivist, Newton MA

Looking for a reliable, hard-working and self-motivated advanced archive sciences student to work about 8-10 hours/week between now and the end of June to help me finish processing a large collection of papers.

I am a historian located in Newton, MA, currently in possession of the entire collection (approx. 219 cubic feet) of a well-known psychiatrist. Approximately 80% of the collection is already processed, but the archivist who had been doing the work had to leave the job unexpectedly. She intended to finish by the end of June.
The qualified person will need to have a car to travel to my home and to the off-site storage unit where the papers are held. Both locations serve as staging areas for the papers. The job includes assessing the current state of the papers, sorting and organizing the remaining unprocessed materials, maintaining and updating the catalogue, and helping me prepare a finding aid. All necessary materials (archive boxes, folders, etc.) are already on site. 
Pay is $20/week for anywhere from 8 to 10 hours a week.
For more information, please e-mail [email protected] or phone 617-527-7932.